Sunday, August 7, 2011

Showered with Love!

These pictures I forgot to add to the last post but they are from my very first baby shower in April. I was just 17 weeks here. This was hosted by my mom and her friend Peggy. Peggy's daughter Amy and I grew up in church together and she is expecting a little girl 2 weeks before my "techinical" due date. They invited people from church who knew us as teenagers or have gotten to know us as adults. It was really fun to have a joint shower with Amy and I got lots of wonderful gifts for the girls. This was a babies bottom shower so I got lots of diapers, ointments, creams, lotions, and wipes (all of which I needed badly) but also we got some very sweet clothes for the girls. We had just found out they were girls a week before so it was wonderful to have my first true "girl" presents. It was a wonderful weekend to spend with my parents and a great shower. This was the first time it all really sank in for me.



Mrs. Degler and my mom and all the presents for Amy and I.



The wonderful food spread!



Amy and I at our joint shower!

June was filled with a lot of excitement for me. This is in backwards order but I didn't feel like rearranging the pictures.

Here I am at my baby shower in Albany, GA on June 25th. I was 28 weeks here. This was hosted by my second mother Ms. Elaine and her daughter and my good friend Kayla. This was such a wonderful shower and I got to see a lot of old friends and family members. I was so appreciative of how kind everyone was and I loved getting all the girly things for my daughters.


Me and Jessica Underwood- a good friend/like a little sister from my college days in good ol' Tallahassee.



The shower hostess and my second mama Ms. Elaine.


Presents!


The food spread- it was all so very nice and yummy!

Again this is a little out of order but the next two pictures are from Katie's wedding on June 11th. I was 25 weeks here. This was in Sarasota, FL. I was so proud of myself for making it to her wedding. That had been something I had worried about since I found out I was pregnant. She was my maid of honor and is one of my best friends and I wanted to make it to her wedding more than anything. I flew the hour from Atlanta to Sarasota, got on the hotel shuttle and was to the hotel in less than 5 minutes. It was really so painless and probably the best way for me to travel there at that time. Alex had a big conference in Washington, D.C for work so he couldn't go with me which I was initially very bummed about. But with all the bridal activities and the travel arrangements it couldn't have worked out better. It was such a wonderful weekend and Katie was absolutely stunning in her wedding dress. I was so happy that I could be there to share with her and Jon.



The beautiful bride and the bridesmaids.



Katie and I- luckily we were able to find a maternity dress because man did I ever need it! And it really looked very good with all the other dresses.

The next set of pictures are from my baby shower in Atlanta. This was on June 18th and I was 26 weeks. Luckily, I did not have to travel at all for this shower as we had it at my house. My wonderful friends from small group hosted it for me and I must say it was over the top wonderful. They did such a good job and I was so impressed at their skills! The food was wonderful, the decorations were so cute and the games were so much fun (I have been to a lot of baby showers and I think my games rocked the socks off of the other ones I have been to).

Again, I was so impressed by the generosity of my friends and family. It was so wonderful to receive the most adorable things for my girls. Truly girl things are just so much fun!


Me getting a plate of food- the red velvet cupcakes were amazing and my favorite but all the food was soooo wonderful!!

Some of my guests and such good friends!


Me, my sister, and my 2nd cousin Raleigh....so good to have those sweet girls there!



I had to include a picture of the hanging onesies and socks- so creative and a wonderful gift to the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment