Sunday, August 7, 2011

TWO GIRLS and Cont. Second Trimester

So at 16 weeks we had another ultrasound to see if we could possibly find out the sex of the babies. The date was April 7th and I had been waiting and waiting for this moment. With twins they can usually tell earlier (one of the perks) and I could NOT wait to find out! I was also on spring break and unpacking our house so it was the perfect time to go to an exciting doctors apt and not worry about having to go back to work. Alex and I had been talking about what we thought they were for weeks. I kept going back and forth but my gut instinct told me they were girls. Alex thought they were boys or one of each but he assured me he would be just as happy if they were girls. My mom thought they were boys and a lot of other people did too. Secretly, I did not really want two boys, although, I would have loved them just the same but something inside me really wanted at least ONE girl. Alex met me at the doctor for our 3:30 apt. Waiting until 3:30 that day just about killed me. The ultrasound tech could tell how excited I was and I made sure to tell her that today was the day we would find out. She said she would do her best to tell. Honestly, she upset me a little bit because she acted like it was only a MAYBE which I knew but didn't want to think about. She tried first with baby A who wouldn't exactly open his/her legs for us to find anything out. The tech said she didn't see any boy parts but couldn't be 100% sure. We also didn't see any boy parts but what did we know? We then looked at baby B who gave us a great view of HER girl parts! The tech said she was 95% sure that baby B was a GIRL. She then went back to baby A and we got a little bit better of a view that time around. We were pretty convinced we were having TWO GIRLS! I must say I was so excited to hear that! I just thought about them being sisters and being so close! I was just thrilled. Alex actually said he was too which I felt he meant. We then called my mom and she was in total disbelief but also excited. After that we called everyone else and they were all so excited for us. Finally we could start buying things! And girly, pretty things at that!


It's a girl- baby B!


It's a girl- Baby A!

After moving into our new house, our lives got very busy very fast. The second trimester (April, May, and June) was jam packed with things for us to do including my good friend Katie's bridal festivities (shower, bachelorette weekend, and wedding), a family reunion, a trip to Alabama to get furniture from my grandmother, Jill and Ryan's baby shower (Alex's sister and her hubby had baby Rex July 2nd) and my own baby showers in Raleigh, Atlanta, and Albany. Needless to say it was very busy but also so much fun. I am so thankful all of this happened during those three months because beginning in late June being pregnant became very uncomfortable and hard for me and there would be no way I could have made it to all these events after the third trimester started.

Here are some pictures from many of those exciting events and also of me at different points in the second trimester.




18 weeks at home!



19 weeks in Tampa at Katie's bridal shower! Late April!




20 weeks in Alabama picking up furniture and having a family baby shower! First weekend in May!




My students threw me a baby shower the last week of school- don't want to post pics of the kiddies!



Alex and I the first weekend of June- 24 weeks at Jill and Ryan's baby shower.



I love this pic because all these pregnant girls were so cute and brought such a happy vibe to the shower. Also, I was the only one pregnant with twins and the one who's due date was the farthest away!

No comments:

Post a Comment